The Portable Vacuum System (Gas) is perfect for pool maintenance professionals who don't want to clog up the main filter with fine particles and debris. We do have different sizes for every application. Our Vacuums are very different from Hammerhead because they pick up small particles not just the leaves.
The Advantage Manufacturing Portable Vacuum System Gas helps protect the Main Filter in your pool from excessive dirt and debris building up and also keeps your pool looking and feeling cleaner. Includes a powerful 1.5 HP full rated In Ground pool pump and a 150 square foot cartridge filter. This system is ideal for pools, fountains, ponds, or any other water features that might occur a large amount of debris. Basically all of the unclean and dirty water goes into the portable vacuum's filter cartridge and clean water is returned directly back into the source. This system may also be used as an auxiliary pump filtration system when the existing pump-filter is non operational. This product is perfect for winterizing and draining pools and spas. The cartridge filter picks up fine material like sand unlike most mesh bag filtration systems like the Hammerhead which essentially collect leaves and big debris only.
The Briggs & Stratton 550 series horizontal OHV Engine runs cooler and cleaner, delivering more power, smoother operational, longer engine life and improved fuel economy. An excellent, compact performer that you can depend on for mid-duty applications.
REMOVING CARTRIDGE ELEMENT
1. Shut off the pump.
2. If filter is located below water level, close valves or block off suction & discharge lines to prevent backflow of water from the source.
3. Unscrew and remove locking ring (counterclockwise direction) and carefully lift off top cover to gain access to filter cartridge.
4. Lift out cartridge and clean. Or, replace with clean, spare cartridge.
REINSTALLING NEW CARTRIDGE ELEMENT
1. Clean any collected debris from the bottom of filter body.
2. Carefully replace cartridge element into filter body ensuring that the cartridge sits evenly on the collector hub at the bottom of filter body.
3. Place cover on filter body (being sure filter head 0-ring is in place and clean).
4. Tighten locking ring in clockwise direction. (Hand tight only.)
5. Proceed as in STARTING THE FILTER.
An optional extended one year warranty is available for an additional $39 from the manufacture.